Tips for a Successful Exam Day
- Avoid people who will stress you out. We all have that friend who panics before every test. Talking to them will only increase your stress and make it harder for you to concentrate on the exam.
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes early. That way, if you miss your bus or run in to bad traffic or have some other issue, you will not be late for the exam.
- Arrive early so you have time to take a bathroom break (depending on the exam/teacher you may not be allowed to go to the bathroom once the test starts) and have a snack (hunger causes distractions) before the exam.
- Come prepared. Bring a watch (to help you keep track of the time), 2 pens and 2 pencils (so if they break/run out of ink, you have a spare), an eraser, a calculator (if you are allowed to use one), a bottle of water (thirst can be distracting and exams can be long), tissues (in case you get the sniffles) and a sweater (in case the exam room is cold).
- Pack light. Don't bring anything with you that you won't need for the exam. You usually can't have anything with you at your desk, and there is rarely a secure place to store your stuff.